Please note, however, that I don't accept freebies, gifts, product samples or similar 'blogger drops'. You are most welcome to email me invitations, press releases and info packs, if you think they are relevant to my blog, but please don't send couriers to my gate with goodies. It's embarrassing and awkward to have to turn them away.
Links in red ink refer to my cookbook.
- Fairlady Consumer Awards Finalist 2013.
- New Generations Social Media Digital Gold Award for Best Community Engagement, November 2013, for my work for digital agency Liquorice.
- It's the slowdown season - a feature in Your Family Magazine, December 2013
|Winner of The Bookmarks Best Community Manager craft |
award, November 2013. Here's me with my colleagues
from digital agency Liquorice.
|A food love letter to my granny Peggy, Food & Home|
Entertaining, December 2013
|Finalist, Best Food Blog, Fairlady Consumer Awards 2013|
- For Whom the Burger Tolls - a column in the Sunday Times by Darrel Bristow-Bovey, November 2013
- Just Peachy - a column in the Sunday Times food supplement, September 2013
- Scrumptious: Jane-Anne Hobbs - a feature and recipes in Spar's Savour Magazine, August 2013
- My Moroccan-Spiced Chicken Pie featured on Eat Out, 17 July 2013
- A short book review in the online journal Internet Bookwatch, July 2013
- Official MasterChef SA blogger for Woolworths, food sponsors of the series; 12 June 2013.
- Cooking Super Star: An email interview and 7 featured recipes on Cut Out + Keep, 3 June 2013.
- Top South African Chefs, Authors And Food Bloggers Taking Part At The Cape Town Good Food & Wine Show, Wine Republic Blog, 14 May 2013.
- My Pea and Pea-Shoot Salad with Bacon & Eggs on The Huffington Post's HuffPost Taste, 25 April, 2013
- Cookbook Review: Scrumptious Food For Family & Friends by Thuli Gogela of Mzansi Style Cuisine, 26 February 2013.
- Should you tweet before you eat? a feature by Thalia Holmes, Mail & Guardian, 22 February 2013.
- Feasting on a Budget – Tips and Tricks from the Pros by Ishay Govender, for Mango Juice inflight magazine, reproduced here on her blog, 17 January 2013.
- Scrumptious A review by Pauline Vijverberg, Writers Write Reviews, 18 December 2012.
- Snex Appeal: How to have a simply superb cocktail party, a column in the Sunday Times Food Weekly, 16 December 2012.
- 15 of Africa's Favorite Dishes An article for CNN Travel Africa, 13 November 2012, with a brief profile here.
|Four desserts from my cookbook (in Afrikaans), |
Lééf magazine, December issue, 2012
- Scrumptious Food For Family & Friends, Child magazine, 1 December 2012.
- Put Nigella Down, a review by Fiona Snyckers in Thought Leader; 29 November 2012.
- Scrumptious Food For Family And Friends - Simple and friendly Review by Bruce Denhill, from The Citizen, 15 November, 2012.
- Cooking Scrumptious, a review by 'IG', Business Day, 1 November 2012.
- Reading Matters, a review by Colin Sharp, Habitat magazine, 1 November 2012.
- Dinner of a lifetime with Jane-Anne Hobbs at Spier Secret Festival, from Yumsy blog, 28 October, 2012.
|Browsing the Menu, from Garden and Home, by Diana Wemyss, |
with photographs by Greg Cox, November, 2012
- Browsing the Menu, from Garden and Home, by Diana Wemyss, with photographs by Greg Cox, November, 2012.
- Cooking by the books by Myrna Robins (recipe), Cape Argus Life, 25 October 2012.
- Sneaky but healthy ways to satisfy bottomless appetites, Sunday Times Food Weekly, 24 October, 2012
- Baked Breakfast Eggs & A Beautiful Cookbook: From Sarah Graham's blog A Foodie Lives Here, 12 October, 2012
- Spicy frikkadels and minted couscous from food blogger Hobbs: From The Global Table (Weekend Post/Herald) 5 October, 2012
- Scrumptious Food for Family and Friends: a review by Ferdi le Grange in Designing Ways magazine, 1 October 2012
- Scrumptious: Jane-Anne Hobbs: a blog post by my friend and mentor Michael Olivier, 5 October 2012
- Olive branch offering, by Myrna Robins (recipe) from The Cape Argus, 27 September 2012
- 30 of The Best Food Blogs, from Eat Out, 26 September 2012
- A radio interview with Jenny Crwys-Williams: On The Book Show, Radio 702, 26 September 2012 (podcast; my interview starts at 00:37:43)
- Scrumptious: Food For Family and Friends: Four recipes and a competition, from Food24, October 2012
- Best Book Buys for the Month: Living and Loving magazine, October 2012
- Cooking with Jade, Blogger Banter and more at Open Book Fest: Blogpost by Sarah Graham of A Foodie Lives Here, 1 October, 2012
- Simply Scrumptious Treats, O Magazine, 1 October, 2012
- Let's read: Short review by Amanda van Wyngaardt in SA Garden, 1 October, 2012
- Cook at home with care and patience: Book review from the Weekend Argus by Myrna Robins, 17 September, 2012
- A Scrumptious Book (Good Enough to Eat): Extended book review plus recipe try-out from Confessions of a Hungry Woman, by Sam Woulidge, 8 September, 2012
- Truly memorable meals are seldom made in moments, a review by Myrna Robbins in the Sunday Weekend Argus, 2 September 2012.
- Scrumptious Food for Family and Friends, a review in Get It magazine, 1 September 2012.
- A rind of applause, by Myrna Robbins (a recipe), in the Cape Argus, 30 August 2012.
- Just Arrived, a short review from the Daily News, by Meneesha Govender, 29 August 2012.
- Recipes for the tail end of winter, a short review from City Press, 26 August 2012.
- Winner of the Woolworths SA Blogger Burger Off challenge with my recipe for Peppered Burgers with Smoky Cheese, Tomato Relish, Puffy Onion Rings & Fat Chips. Detailed blogpost about the recipe here.
- Q & A with Jane-Anne Hobbs, from Eat Out, 27 August, 2012
- Friend with Books, from Simply Delicious, by Alida Ryder, 27 August, 2012
- Chicken a la Bourride from Jane-Anne Hobbs’ Scrumptious Cookbook, from Food and the Fabulous, by Ishay Govender, 27 August, 2012
- Smorgasbord of skills, from The Citizen, by Bruce Denhill, 22 August, 2012
- Scrumptious Hot Caprese Tart on RSG, from My Easy Cooking by Nina Timm, 22 August, 2012
- Scrumptious sizzles off the press, from The Sentinel, by Don Lilford, 17 August, 2012
- Maklik en eg Suid-Afrikaanse 'bunny chow', (including my recipe for Bunny Chow), from Die Burger, by Karla Janse van Vuuren, 11 August, 2012.
- Truly Scrumptious: Extended book review plus recipe try-outs from The Local Bag, 13 August, 2012.
- Books for Cooks, a review & recipe from the Angela Day team at The Star, 9 August 2012.
- Cooking the books, short mention of my book, Taste magazine, 1 August 2012.
- Scrumptious Food for Family and Friends, a review, from Classic Wine magazine, 1 August 2012.
- Recipes here are simply scrumptious, a review from the Pretoria News, 27 July 2012.
- An interview with YuppieChef's Spatula magazine, plus cheesecake recipe and book give-away, 23 July 2012.
- A review of my book by John Maytham on 567 CapeTalk, 20 July, 2012 (skip to the second half of the audio clip to hear the review).
- An interview with Nancy Richards on SAFM's Otherwise show, 20 July, 2012. (Audio clips in .mp3 format) > PART 1 and PART 2
- Book Review: Scrumptious: Food for Family and Friends by Penny Haw, Business Day, 20 July 2012
- Book Review: Scrumptious: Food for Family and Friends by Sue de Groot, Sunday Times, 20 July 2012
- How Twitter Changed my Life - a mini profile in a feature by Sarah Britten, in Oprah magazine, August 2012
- A Sumptuous Launch for Jane-Anne Hobbs’ Scrumptious Food for Family and Friends, by Liesl Jobson, BooksLiveSA, 16 July, 2012
- Short review of my book by Claire Mack of Spill, Chai FM, 10 July 2012 (starts at 20 minutes 30 seconds into podcast).
- Scrumptious: Food for Family and Friends - a write-up by Claire Mack at of Spill, 10 July 2012
- Winning Lunches - a recipe in Child magazine, August 2012 (last page).
- Simply Scrumptious: photographer Michael Le Grange's blogpost about the photo shoot for my cookbook, 1 July 2012
- Julie se lekkerlees vir fynproewers: Recipes from my cookbook in Conde Nast House & Garden magazine (Afrikaans) 1 July 2012. Page 1, Page 2
- Winter Warmers: Recipes from my cookbook in Longevity magazine, 1 July 2012. Page 1, Page 2
- Sunday Lunch Sorted: Three recipes from my cookbook in City Press's iMagazine, 1 July 2012
- Short profile in Nomu's monthly newsletter, plus my wine pairings for their series of milk recipes, 1 July 2012
- Introducing Jane-Anne Hobbs’ Scrumptious Food for Family and Friends, on Books Live, 27 June 2012
- A radio interview about cooking with quinces, Jenny Crwys-Williams' Friday Mix on 702, 29 June 2012
- My 'Carpaccio' of Kohlrabi With Radishes and Blue Cheese on The Huffington Post's Kitchen Daily, June 2012
- My Cape-style Spicy Beer-Battered Fish Bites on SAB's World of Beer blog, June 2012
- A short Q&A in Beeld: Leer Kook by Ma, Ouma en Nee TV, May 2012
- My Life on A Plate, Sunday Times Food Weekly, May 2012
- Foodie Find of the Week by Clayton Swanepoel, in The New Age, February 2012
- Radio interview with 702's Jenny Crwys-Williams, January 2012: Part 1 and Part 2
- Profile in Telkom265 magazine, Winter 2011
- Cordon Bleu Blogging In-depth article about food blogging in South Africa by Lezette Engelbrecht, from ITWeb
- Cosmopolitan magazines's list of South African "Twitter Queens", as nominated by Twitter users.
- Scrumptious South Africa in Foodista's Best of Food Blogs cookbook (mine is the only blog from Africa featured in the book).
- Yuppiechef's Spatula Magazine: My recipes for the 'Eat for the Earth' initiative. Menu with three recipes here, and Old-Fashioned Ginger Beer here
- My Calamari Salad recipe in Woman's Health magazine
- Mail & Guardian article about the Wonderbag
- Getaway magazine article featuring four of my favourite recipes; Getaway, May 2011
- Radio interview with Africa Melane of 567 Cape Talk, about the history of Cape Malay pickled fish
- Spotlight on Scrumptious Blog:A detailed description of my blog and cooking philosophy on Cooksister.
- Crush! Online Five of my recipes, and a profile (pages 10 and 11)
- Article about South African women bloggers, by Delia De Villiers, from Femina magazine: Dear Blog
- An interview with 702's Jenny Crwys-Williams: (right at the end of the clip)